Electrical fires can be caused for a variety of reasons, from improper wiring installation to simple age and wear to even damage caused by pest infestations to your electrical system. Whatever the reason, electrical fires can cause a great deal of damage to your home, which can be expensive and complicated to fix after the fact.
Understanding what some of the warning signs associated with electrical fires are can help you determine if your home is at risk, allowing you to contact a residential electrical contractor before an actual fire is able to start.
A long time ago, the basic electric panel inside of a home was filled with fuses. However, every time an electrical device demanded a bit too much power, the fuse would blow and would have to be replaced. Thankfully, most modern homes now have circuit breakers instead of fuses, which means if something happens and there is a surge of power demand, the breaker automatically disrupts the current and you can flip it back on.
If you purchased a generator to provide electricity during outages, it can be immensely frustrating to turn the unit on and have it fail to provide the power you need. Here are three reasons why your generator may be malfunctioning and what it takes to get it working right again.
There Is No Electromagnetic Field
Although generators use gas to power the engine that produces the electricity, these machines require a tiny bit of electrical juice to jumpstart the conversion process.
If you're in the process of remodeling your kitchen, don't forget to bring in the light. Many people make the mistake of creating a dark work space when they're designing their kitchens. Unfortunately, going dark in the kitchen isn't the best way to utilize the work space, nor does it create a welcoming environment. To create a homey atmosphere in your kitchen, you need to bring in the light. Here are four simple design elements you can add to the plans which will add much more light to your kitchen.
A power surge can do a lot of damage to the electrical system in your home and to the electronics or appliances that are plugged into the circuit that's affected. An electrician may need to repair your electrical panel and wiring if it was damaged by the surge.
Since an electrical surge can be caused by a number of things and can happen at any time, consider talking to your electrician about having a whole-house surge protector installed in your electrical panel when repairs are done.